Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yes, That's Right - I Didn't Make It To The Solstice Circle When Called


Late last night, about 9 p.m. I was met at my front door by an opossum.
He stood squarely at the door, facing the house, waiting.
I stepped up beside him, placed my feet firmly together, and pointed a wagging finger at him.
"I'm sorry, Your not getting into this house, mister." I said gently to my would be guest.
He turned and moved about 3 steps to the left.
He then turned to look back inside through the glass beside the door, giving me the occasional sideways glance of disgust.
I watched him as I opened the door and went inside. He never twitched a muscle. I checked back in a couple of minutes. He was gone the third time I looked. My guess is that The Wonderful World of Disney had just gone off.

2 comments:

Mike said...

You didn't miss anything. Midsummer is not as much fun as Beltane. All the people who show up for Beltane are having hot tub parties and going to sex clubs during the other pagan ritual days like Midsummer. We won't be celebrating Lammas this year, apparently the high priest and priestess of our coven think it will be too hot outside... Air-conditioned pagans, what the fuck is the world coming to? I mean, really...

WatcherJohn said...

Well, if Ragnarok is commencing as foretold, start looking for Loki in a real big boat. It's about to get HOT.